Annual DBS Checks (2018) + Tutor Competition
Read on for details of a Spark4Kids competition, in which as a Tutor, you can win Amazon vouchers.
This summer, we are requiring that any tutors who are not DBS-checked, complete this process in time for the workshops. DBS checks apply if you are aged 16 and over.
You can find out more about DBS checks here: www.s4k.me/?????
Application Process: Simple and Straightforward
Spark4Kids are partnering with uCheck, a fast-turnaround DBS service who are able to complete checks within 48 hours. To speed things up even further, we have decided to run a mini Spark4Kids Tutor competition, in which you can win actual prizes (Amazon Vouchers)!
You will shortly receive an email from uCheck (all tutors will be sent the same email, at the same time). You may want to check your Spam Folders periodically to ensure it doesn’t end up hiding there! The email from uCheck will contain instructions on how to complete the DBS application.
Competition Rules (Spark4Kids Tutors-only!)
- The first Tutor to submit their DBS certification documents, will win a £40 Amazon Voucher
- The next three Tutor’s to submit their DBS certification documents, will win £25 Amazon Vouchers each
- All remaining Tutors who submit their DBS certification documents, will win a £10 Amazon Voucher each
To increase your chances of winning, you may want to locate and electronically scan all the documents now, in readiness for when the uCheck email arrives in your inbox. To help you prepare, continue reading below to find out which documents are needed to complete your application.
The criteria for determining which Tutor came first, second, third etc., will be based on the time of the notification email you receive from uCheck, confirming RECEIPT of your documents.
Speak soon, and don’t forget to (a) complete the form below, and; (b) keep an eye out for the DBS certification SMS or email from uCheck!
Phyllis & Patrick
Preparing to complete your DBS electronic submission
Please have the following ready, in anticipation of receiving the email from uCheck:
- Make a note of your address history (you will be required to provide these, if any exist)
- Each application (a) must provide at least 3 documents, and (b) must have at least one document showing the Applicant’s current address
- The Applicant must be able to show ONE document from GROUP 1 below;
- And TWO further documents from either GROUP 1 or GROUP 2a or GROUP 2b below
GROUP 1: Primary identity documents Document Notes
- National Identity Card
- National Insurance Card
- Passport (Any current and valid passport)
- Biometric residence permit (UK)
- Current driving license photo-card (full or provisional)
- Birth certificate (issued within 12 months of birth)
- Adoption certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
GROUP 2a: Trusted government documents Document Notes
- Current driving licence photo-card – (full or provisional)
- Brth certificate – issued after time of birth
- Immigration document, visa or work permit
GROUP 2b: Financial and social history documents Document Notes Issue date and validity
- Bank or building society statement – Issued in last 3 months Bank or building society statement
- Bank or building society account opening UK – Issued in last 3 months
- Credit card statement UK or EEA Issued in last 3 months
- Financial statement, for example pension or endowment Issued in last 12 months
- P45 or P60 statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
- Council Tax statement UK and Channel Islands Issued in last 12 months
- Letter of sponsorship from future employment provider
- Utility bill UK – not mobile telephone bill Issued in last 3 months
- Benefit statement, for example Child Benefit, Pension – UK Issued in last 3 months
- Central or local government, government agency, or local council document giving entitlement, for example from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, HMRC
- Letter from head teacher or college principal UK – for 16 to 19 year olds in full time education – only used in exceptional circumstances if other documents cannot be provided
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by phone (020 8090 1444) or email (admin email) if you have any questions, or require any clarification.
Once you have read the guidelines above, kindly complete the confirmation form below, and submit it (note: the competition is