With current guidelines on limiting the spread of Covid-19, Spark4Kids are offering all our computer coding courses online. Our online courses have LIVE! tutors running the sessions, and we offer training on using our online classroom to attendees prior to starting the course, as well as during the course.
All course times shown are London/UK time, as follows:
- Half-Day Morning Workshops: 10am to 1pm
- Half-Day Afternoon Workshops: 2pm to 5pm
- Please convert London/UK time to your local time to check if the times for online classes work for you
- Some workshops are only offered as half-day mornings, whilst others are available for all-day sessions. When booking, the dates/times will be clearly shown.
Do get in touch if you have any questions, using our contact details at the bottom of this page.
Online Roblox Coding 4 Kids is a half-day online computer coding workshop for children aged 9-12 during which they will configure Roblox Studio, design games, and write code to customise the behaviour of in-game characters constructed from Lego-like virtual blocks.
Attendees of all abilities are welcome, from beginners (who have never written a line of code) all the way through to experienced coders. Those who have attended this online workshop in the past can attend again if they enjoyed it the last time; we tailor the coding challenges to build upon topics covered in previous workshops (please indicate previous attendance/experience in booking notes).
This is an all-inclusive online workshop, with Spark4Kids providing all the course material and tuition – the attendee just needs to login when the online session starts, for a fun-filled, computer coding workshop.
Using a visual representation of the Lua coding language, this is a practical hands-on coding workshop during which attendees will:
- learn how to make their first Roblox game from scratch using drag and drop
- be taught basic Lua coding concepts and familiarise themselves with coding in the Code Editor
- understand how to control camera movement in a three dimensional space, as well as move objects across the three dimensions
- learn how to use core programming concepts such as methods, variables and for loops to create a full Roblox game
- get to grips with Roblox Studio Tools, enabling them to design and model their Roblox world
- appreciate what is involved in debugging and refactoring code
The workshop is designed to keep the kids engaged during the online sessions, and while the focus is on creating a fun and supportive online environment in which children learn about various aspects of technology and coding, there will be sufficient breaks to ensure that the children spend some time away from the computer.
As this course is attended remotely over the internet, it is hosted in an online classroom that has a similar feature-set to popular platforms such as Discord, Zoom and Skype. In addition, we provide attendees with pre-course training material, as well as ongoing training so that they are able to make the most of the online course whilst they are in attendance.
Features of our online classroom include video presentation, chat, whiteboards, and shared screens and all interactions are moderated as well as recorded and available for later playback. We follow the UK government’s guidance on cyber-bullying, and operate a zero-tolerance policy towards anti-social behaviour online.
Attending a Course Multiple Times
You can re-book the same Spark4Kids course multiple times if your child has previously attended the course and enjoyed working on the coding challenges. We are constantly updating our courses and there are always new coding challenges to tackle. We are also able to further tailor the coding challenges for a specific course to suit your child if he/she has a clear idea of what they would like to work on (kindly email us about this prior to the course starting).
We offer sibling discounts for families with more than one child enrolled with Spark4Kids. The discount is 10% off the second child’s fees and 5% off any additional sibling’s fees thereafter.
Children looking to have double sessions during term-time are also offered a 10% discount off the second hour of the session.
Discounts are automatically applied during the booking process.
Spark4Kids accepts childcare vouchers as fee payment towards all of our courses from the following childcare voucher providers:
- Busy Bees
- Co-operative Flexible Benefits
- Employers For Childcare
- Enjoy Benefits
- NW Brown
- Reward Gateway
- Wider Plan
The process of paying using childcare vouchers is incorporated into the standard booking process – kindly select the course you want, add to basket, and then proceed to check-out by clicking “View Basket” (you may need access to your email account). At check-out, choose “Pay with Childcare Vouchers” as the payment option, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your booking.
Icons courtesy of Icon8
- Hardware: Desktop computer, microphone and speakers (or headset with mic), mouse and keyboard, a fast internet connection.
- Operating System: Windows (7 or above), Mac (OS 10.10 or above)
- License: Free
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Disk Space: 40MB
- Graphics: Supports DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 2.0 (likely to only be a problem for old computers)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2GHz/AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or better
To find out what your computers’ technical specifications are, kindly use the links below:
Our online classroom software requires minimum internet speeds of 5 Mbps for upload and 15 Mbps for download. The vast majority of broadband providers’ packages will exceed these speeds. To test the speed of your broadband click the link below:
To book a place on the Online Roblox Coding 4 Kids workshop, use the booking form alongside, or call us on 020 8090 1444 if you have any questions.